Exabeam is the Smarter SIEM™ company. We help security operations and insider threat teams work smarter, allowing them to detect, investigate and respond to cyberattacks in 51 percent less time. Security organizations no longer have to live with excessive logging fees, missed distributed attacks and unknown threats, or manual investigations and remediation. With the modular Exabeam Security Management Platform, analysts can collect unlimited log data, use behavioral analytics to detect attacks, and automate incident response, both on-premise or in the cloud. Exabeam Smart Timelines, sequences of user and device behavior created using machine learning, further reduce the time and specialization required to detect attacker tactics, techniques and procedures.
In this role, you will lead our efforts to create and enhance our documentation for the Exabeam’s Security Management Platform. You will manage a team of Technical Writers who write content for all Exabeam products. You will be expected to set the standard of excellence for our documentation, ensuring that we deliver technically accurate, well-written, simple, and customer-focused documentation. You’ll help set and be expected to deliver on goals for documenting new features and services, as well as improving the quality of existing documentation. You will also be expected to work with the product and engineering teams on shared goals and efforts.
- Leadership and Initiative—You have managed end-to-end creation of documentation, are a self-directed problem solver, an excellent communicator, and have managed a team of documentation writers.
- Know the craft—You are passionate about making words useful and actionable and have experience defining and evolving the structure of technical documentation.
- Interpersonal skills—You have experience working with cross-functional teams (Product Managers, Engineers, Support, Sales) to successfully understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem-solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that the team is providing the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- Facility with technology—You are curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products or to ask questions, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Inspire, coach, and mentor a team of writers.
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new writers as the team grows.
- Lead or advise on efforts to improve the team’s deliverables, processes, and other initiatives. We have a large amount of existing documentation that needs to be better organized and improved as well as new documents written to fill gaps we currently have and to explain new features as they are developed.
- Advocate for and represent the team at product and leadership forums.
- Communicate and present the team’s work to stakeholders and leaders.
- 4 years of experience managing a team of writers at different phases of their careers and with different skill sets.
- 5 years of experience in technical writing.
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development skills.
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making ability.
- Strong customer advocacy skills.
- Great organizational abilities.
- Track record of improving existing styles, processes, and teams.
- Track record of advocating for writers, the importance of their work to the success of a product, and what they need in order to be successful.
- Previous experience with developing and delivering an online documentation system is a must.
- Knowledge and background in network security and or cloud computing is a plus.
- Degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field highly desirable, or equivalent experience.
Exabeam is privately funded by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Cisco Investments, Norwest Venture Partners, Acrew Capital, Icon Ventures, and investor Shlomo Kramer. For more information visit https://www.exabeam.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.