Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 7 years of programming and systems analysis.
- Solid skill set in Java and Linux development
- RESTful web service development using Jersey and Jackson
- PostgreSQL and Oracle databases
- Customer-focused in both independent and team roles in a high technology business/area.
Helpful / Preferred
- Experience in object-oriented design and development, Git version control, Docker containerization and Agile methodologies.
- Amazon Web Services, particularly Kinesis, API Gateway, lambda, dynamoDB and RDS