The ServiceNow Engineer will be part of a creative team responsible for the design, development, configuration, support and maintenance of our ServiceNow platform. Responsibilities also include leveraging ITSM and ITOM principles to drive the future usability of the platform, by engaging process owners and stakeholders throughout the organization to identify and build automated solutions using ServiceNow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Perform day-to-day operations for the production and development instances of ServiceNow, including monitoring performance, cloning instances, and maintaining platform health.
- Enhance the ServiceNow platform and modules per business requirements, with the initial focus on Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB, Service Request, Asset Management and Knowledge, through customization's, configuration, scripting, and building interfaces.
- Coordinate and assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new features, bug fixes and upgrades.
- Coordinate with other departments, collect and translate business requirements and process flows to develop enhanced solutions using the ServiceNow platform, and enhance existing implementations.
- Design and implement integrations into the platform from other 3rd party web services (REST/SOAP) and other data sources, including developing ETL solutions as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 3+ years working experience as a ServiceNow Administrator is required.
- Experience with the following ServiceNow Modules: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Request, Knowledge Management and Software Asset Management.
- Experience with ServiceNow customization and configuration, including but not limited to scripting, workflow administration, reporting and dashboard customization, data imports, and integrations.
- Experience with ServiceNow Discovery, IT Asset Management, and the Software Asset Management modules, including support and data normalization.
- Fundamental understanding of ITIL principles and methodologies
- Positive and effective written and oral communications skills are a must
- Excellent project management skills, including coordinating with other business leaders as needed
- Attention to detail, and an understanding on how specific details impact on a macro scale