Grove Collaborative is looking to expand their accounting operations team to Portland, Maine. This position will play a key role in building the payroll function, contributing to the month end close and process improvements.
As a Payroll Lead, you will be a key member of a high-performing accounting team and will play an integral role in ensuring payroll is processed timely and accurately. The right candidate for this position will be an individual who has a natural intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills, and the desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. The candidate will flourish in a “hands-on role”.
You are a team player and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure our US and Canadian payroll is processed on a timely and accurate basis, as well as overseeing all payroll related activities and special projects. You enjoy a fast-paced and fulfilling environment and thrive on maintaining accurate employee data in our internal systems, tracking and reporting on key payroll metrics, and ensuring all governmental reporting is submitted accurately and on time.
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly multi-state payroll for US non-exempt and exempt employees, utilizing ADP WorkForceNow
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll, including base pay, payroll taxes, 401(k), statutory and supplemental benefits, etc
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses
- Stay up-to-date on state and federal payroll and tax laws
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax
- Assist with month end close process including preparation of accruals, reconciliations, and analytics
- Perform other payroll related duties, including ad hoc projects/data requests as needed
- 6+ years experience processing payroll in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience with ADP WorkForceNow required
- Bachelor degree in business administration or accounting is a plus
- In depth knowledge of state and federal payroll and tax regulations
- Familiarity using Excel and spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to take initiative, as well as excel management and prioritization abilities is required
- Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of transactions
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive improvements and continuously simplify processes
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.