In this role, you will report into the central analytics team, with a focus on making Grove's Community Happiness team even more awesome. Community Happiness is all about serving up the WOW factor to our customers, and data gives Grove the edge it needs to keep improving. You will be the point person to create operational excellence through reporting, insights, and dashboards, and identify and solve business challenges from service improvements, to cost management, via analytics. This position will help drive the team with better insights into our performance.
You will also work closely with your fellow analysts to make sure that our company-wide BI platform is scalable, sensible, and maintainable. You'll create data products that can be actioned by teams across the company, and help drive insights upstream to influence strategy.
You will be trusted to independently identify and dive into complex business questions and produce actionable insights. The role will drive key operational KPIs of our Community Happiness initiatives. As with all data, it must be accurate, thus you will also be responsible to ensure that our data analysis and reports are correct, rigorous (e.g. statistically-backed), and easily accessible via reports & dashboards.
- This role will work very closely with Grove's Customer Happiness teams, empowering them with data and also proactively pointing out opportunities to them
- You will partner with other teams - operations, merchandising, inventory management and engineering becoming an expert on how each department's work impacts our customer, and each other department
- You will use your SQL, Looker, R, Python and Excel skills to pull and analyze data
- Getting insights from data is critical, and you will synthesize results/findings via clear, written and verbal communications
- Your work will drive key decisions in how operations develops and how our customer experiences us
- Grove needs you to be action-oriented: you will propose next steps, and follow up to make sure action is being taken when big opportunities have been identified
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of professional experience, and are comfortable working on a high-performing team with shifting priorities
- 2+ years of experience in ecommerce or retail operations
- 2+ years of professional experience with excel and SQL
- You have some basic exposure to either Python or R for more advanced statistical analysis and visualization
- Experience with Looker/LookML or other data visualization tools a plus
- Experience extracting data out of 3rd party systems such as ERP, WMS or MES
- Experience with a customer service or ticketing platform is a significant plus
- A solid understanding of a customer service organization is critical for this role - you like the challenges it presents
- You are passionate about data and your first instinct when solving any problem is to see what the data says
- You have a gut feel for how to separate signal from noise, and constantly apply the 80/20 rule to ‘sanity check’ that you are on the right path, before spending too much time pursuing a dead end
- You are comfortable collaborating closely with team members at all levels and being accountable for high-priority projects
- You love detail, over-delivering, and doing more than previously thought possible
- You care about leaving a positive impact in the world
- You love to work hard, learn fast, and make an impact right away
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join us you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
- Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
We also have:
- A beautifully designed open office near the Embarcadero in San Francisco
- Fully stocked communal kitchen with healthy snacks and on tap Kombucha
- A cozy "quiet room" for focused work or meditation
- A handful of friendly, productivity-enhancing (...mostly) small office dogs
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.