We are looking for a Senior Manager of Creative Operations to lead the growing team of project managers in San Francisco. This person will manage our creative project portfolio and lead the development of more effective workflows.
A great candidate will have opinions on things like creative briefs, RACI charts, and task management systems - all of which are imperative in driving meaningful process changes that work well for Grove. You will become the backbone of the verticalized creative team, ensuring cohesiveness and communication amongst all creative counterparts. You should be someone comfortable managing and scaling a team, commanding a room and representing the creative org in meetings both big and small.
If you are a highly proactive, self-motivated, details-obsessed leader with experience working on a wide range of creative projects, this could be the role for you.
Your Role & Impact
- You will manage complex, cross-functional launches. You understand how to build workback timelines, assign responsibilities to stakeholders, assemble the right group of people at the right moments, and hold people accountable for status updates.
- You oversee creative processes from intake through delivery. Projects will include: photoshoots, web and mobile app updates, brand launches, in-box inserts, emails, banner ads, print ads, video shoots, etc.
- You understand production processes (e.g. video and photoshoot), timelines, creative lead times, different types of creative deliverables, etc.
- You possess strong relationship building skills with the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management.
- You are a skilled resourcer - you know the skills to tap and steps that need to be taken to get any type of creative project done effectively.
- You don’t have a problem putting your foot down and keeping colleagues accountable to fixed processes. An ideal candidate is not someone easily steamrolled - we need someone who doesn’t bend on process and is able to establish clear boundaries.
- You prioritize project schedules and help balance workloads across the team. Be able to identify and communicate risk in projects/programs early so that we can troubleshoot. You will be expected to provide context, impact analysis, present alternatives and generally be an all-star problem solver.
- You will be managing one direct report and will be hiring a second report mid-year. We are looking for a candidate who has experience managing and scaling a team and is excited about the idea of doing this at Grove.
- At least 7 years in-house or agency project management experience
- Very organized and super detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and comfortable with last minute changes and how to problem solve those priority adjustments.
- Proven track record of establishing and scaling creative processes inside an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and be forward thinking
- Communicates effectively one-on-one and in a group setting. Can adapt communication to fit the needs of partners & stakeholders.
- Works skillfully with people across a wide variety of roles
- Successfully prioritizes and manages multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding/experience with the creative process and creative production.
- Familiarity with project management systems - familiarity with Asana is a plus
- Competency managing and overseeing budgets
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.