As a Sr Product Analyst, you will be part of the Analytics team, with a focus on making Grove's product organization even more awesome. Product is all about serving up the WOW factor to our customers, and data gives Grove the edge it needs to keep improving. You will design event tracking taxonomy, build explores and dashboards, design and evaluate experiments, and deliver insights to drive customer engagement and conversion metrics.
You will also work closely with your fellow analysts to make sure that our company-wide BI platform is scalable, sensible, and maintainable. You'll create data products that can be actioned by teams across the company, and help drive insights upstream to influence strategy.
You will be trusted to independently identify and dive into complex business questions and produce actionable insights. The role will drive key operational KPIs around customer engagement, product discovery efficiency, conversion, retention, among others. As with all data, it must be accurate, thus you will also be responsible to ensure that our data analysis and reports are correct, rigorous (e.g. statistically-backed), and easily accessible via reports & dashboards.
- Work with the product team to understand how core ecommerce behaviors connect with other parts of the user experience and drives purchase behavior
- Accelerate delivery of a best-practices driven core ecommerce user behavior data assets - taxonomy, data pipeline, KPIs, dashboards
- Work with the product and engineering teams to establish/follow taxonomy and instrumentation processes, flesh out instrumentation acceptance criteria
- Create analytics and monitoring strategies for everything that ships, so we are rigorously testing our hypotheses and learning as fast as possible
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of professional experience working on a high-performing team with shifting priorities
- 2+ years of professional experience with SQL and excel as well as exposure to Python or R for more advanced statistical analysis and visualization
- Experience with: Looker/LookML or other data visualization tools, a plus evaluating A|B tests and other experimentation methodologies, and defining a taxonomy for clickstream data instrumentation
- 2+ years of experience in ecommerce or retail operations and specifically in a product analytics role and are passionate about data
- You have a gut feel for how to separate signal from noise, and constantly apply the 80/20 rule to ‘sanity check’ that you are on the right path, before spending too much time pursuing a dead end
- You are comfortable collaborating closely with team members at all levels and being accountable for high-priority projects
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.