Grove’s Operations Technology team is responsible for the platform that fulfills every Grove customer orders, and enables our team to provide world class service to all of our members. In 2019, we’re launching two new teams to help us build the next generation warehouse and customer service platforms.
We’re looking for technologists to help grow two of our newest teams: one that works on our warehouse automation platform and the second focused on our customer service and relationship management tools. Our plan is to rebuild both platforms from the ground up in the next year so we can ship products faster, more accurately, and provide even better customer service to all of our members.
Both teams will have a chance to work closely with the product team and our staff engineers to architect our new platform and help guide major decisions about technology that will sustain us going forward. You’ll also get an opportunity to work closely with our team members across the US to help build tools that make their lives easier, and have an opportunity to help us build software that interacts with the physical environment (warehouse automation and robotics, phone systems, etc.)
Your Impact & Responsibilities
- You’ll be part of the team sketching and building the first generation of our in-house tools, including designing our primary services and building our full-stack application(s).
- You’ll get to help us define the roadmap for our physical infrastructure, including the mobile tools that our associates use in our warehouses to pack customer orders.
- You’ll help us tackle some of the hardest problems in computer science, like the traveling salesman problem (pick path optimization), packing optimization (knapsack problems), and more.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- You’ve worked as a full stack engineer for at least 4 years and love working across the frontend and backend.
- You’re comfortable working quickly and helping the team make design and product decisions (since we own all of it.)
- You are fluent in at least two programming languages, with a preference that one of them be Python (we are a Python shop, after all.)
- You’re fluent with the frontend tools used to build modern web applications (Vue, React, Angular, etc.)
- You’re comfortable working with a variety of relational databases, notably PostgreSQL and Redis.
- You’re skilled at monitoring, data, and diagnostics of production systems, and know how to build new systems to be easy to support and resilient to load.
- You know the fundamentals of mobile networking, and how to design modern web applications to work with and without good network connectivity.
- You get bonus points for previous experience in commerce, customer service, CRM, catalog, or warehouse technology.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.