We are looking for a Site Merchandising Manager for Roven, which is Grove Collaborative’s newly launched, Clean Beauty brand. The role is responsible for influencing customer purchase behavior and driving Roven’s business objectives. You will develop, measure, and optimize the product-driven merchandising on our site and in our marketing. This is a unique opportunity to drive the direction and success of a fledgling Clean Beauty brand which is quickly gaining momentum.
Core cross functional partners for the role are 3rd party buying, engineering / product management, inventory management, retention marketing, acquisition marketing, analytics, creative.
This role reports directly to Grove’s VP of Merchandising. It oversees an Ecommerce Merchandising Coordinator (who will also have dotted line reporting to the other arms of our merchandising/buying org).
Your Role & Impact
- Develop and execute merchandising strategies that contribute to measurable growth in the sales, conversion, order size, and margin of Roven products in both first and existing customer orders.
- Drive towards dramatically improving the number of Grove customers who buy a full priced Roven product (trip driver first purchase v. cart builder later purchase)
- As we grow the Roven customer base, develop and adjust initiatives to maximize LTV and repeat purchase at regular price
- Track the performance of merchandising driven work and pivot as needed to optimize merchandising across Roven site and marketing to drive net sales, conversion, long term value.
- In partnership with the Roven Product Manager and marketing lead, own weekly reporting of site and marketing performance
- In partnership with the Buying team, report quarterly on merchandising initiatives and competitive landscape to inform future strategic planning
- In partnership with the Roven Beauty Board and PR agency, create and optimize an editorial calendar and merchandise to identified marketing opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing team to optimize and identify new merchandising opportunities (on site, email, SMS, etc.) in both customer acquisition and existing customer campaigns, with the goal of driving increased revenue and shipments
- As our owned / private label brands portfolio expands, drive strategies that keep growing penetration of these brands as a top priority in decision-making processes
- In partnership with the Roven Product Manager, develop new site shopping experiences with customer new product discovery, incremental revenue and unit purchasing, and brand building as key metrics for success
- For a short term as the Roven organization is growing, support the Buying team in the following projects: recap vendor based sales performance and margin; drive a monthly recap of the Beauty competition
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Passionate about ecommerce and striking the optimal balance between data driven and brand building
- 3+ years of experience in eCommerce site merchandising, including experience with ecommerce platforms and user behavior analytics software (Mixpanel, Looker, Google Analytics, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Beauty ecommerce experience highly preferred (clean beauty experience is a plus). Exception to beauty experience would be made only for a candidate who can demonstrate a solid understanding of the beauty business and trends through a detailed presentation.
- Subscription and/or auto-replenishment business model experience highly preferred. Candidate must demonstrate working knowledge of subscription/replenishment metrics and business strategies
- Proven data-driven decision making skills, demonstrating the ability to gather, manipulate, and interpret large data sets to inform high level strategy
- Experience working with physical products in a retail environment
- Experience setting up A/B testing scenarios and environments to inform work
- Advanced Excel skills; with strong computer and systems understanding
- Exceptional leadership traits and strong sense for mentoring others
- Ability to make timely decisions, work in a fast pace and often-changing environment
- Ability to identify, prioritize and advocate for the work with the best ROI
- Start up experience preferred
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.