Grove Collaborative (www.grove.co) was started in a spare bedroom by three friends with the goal of using direct-to-consumer ecommerce to bring safe, sustainable products to every family. A digital-first consumer products brand based in San Francisco, their mission is to help families across the country make the switch to natural, non-toxic household products by providing convenient, trusted options for busy consumers.
• Uncompromisingly healthy
• Beautifully effective
• Sustainably minded
• Amazingly affordable
What makes us different
We are a B Corp
We are a B Corp - a group of about 2500 companies (like Patagonia and Ben & Jerry's) that prioritize social & environmental impact as well as profits. We can only do well if our community, environment, employees, and customers do well too.
We sell real things to real people, and make an impact
We’re not selling to Silicon Valley & New York; our customers are real families across the United States. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of families make better decisions and use more sustainable products.
Grove’s “Owned Brands” consist of the products we build from the ground up and capture the essence of Grove values; effective, beautiful, sustainable. Whether they carry the Grove name or that of one of our other owned brands, every aspect of these products is held to a very high standard, from the decision to add them to the assortment, through the formulation and all the way to the messaging of the products to the Grove community.
Reporting to the SVP of Product Development & Merchandising and located at our brand new San Francisco headquarters, the Vice President of Physical Product Development & Innovation will take the lead in determining and driving the future of our rapidly growing "Owned Brands". This includes both what brands and products are developed under the Grove banner as well as how those stories are crafted for their rapidly growing community. This role will set the strategy for the mid and long-term product road map and oversee the execution of these key initiatives, ensuring that Owned Brands continue to be a leader in both innovation and sustainability.
- Develop and oversee execution of our physical product road map, looking 2 years out
- Ensure that new products reflect Grove values, are differentiated in the marketplace and help Grove realize our aggressive growth targets
- Work with the SVP, Physical Goods and executive team to ensure we are meeting company targets for the Flagship brand and owned brands
- Have a constant eye on the KPIs for the Flagship and owned brands, owning the execution to meet and exceed those goals
- Source and manage key vendor relationships, ensuring that Grove is a key customer for all of our primary suppliers
- Manage and continue to build a team that is constantly innovating on a daily basis
- Seek out and manage external resources that help us continue to evolve our assortment and standards
- Collaborate with creative team to establish packaging guidelines that reflect our Brand Book and oversee execution of all branded packaging for Flagship products
- Develop intimate understanding of the Grove customer and the relevant marketplace. Leverage knowledge of the customer and trends to develop and optimize products, categories and assortments.
- 10-15+ years of professional experience, with a large portion of it developing physical products in the CPG or household goods space; direct work taking product from inception to launch
- A strong track record of innovation in your development; creating products that did not exist whether new form factors, materials, technology or customer experience
- Exceptional skills managing suppliers of all shapes and sizes across a variety of geographies and industries
- A combination of both brick & mortar and Ecommerce retailing, with more recent experience in the latter
- A head for numbers: an innate ability to define an opportunity and be able to solve it, or understand more about it, through data
- An understanding of our customer and a passion for Grove's mission to help every family create a healthy, beautiful home
- Excitement to partner with the rest of the executive team -- particularly the SVP of Product Development, VP of Influencer Marketing, SVP Growth, and the CEO -- to build a successful long-term strategy
- A willingness to push the company to take risks and try new things towards the goal of building a truly best-in-class communications platform
- Above all else you want to help Grove further its mission and help more families make positive and healthy choices about the products they bring into their homes
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us. Everyone who works here is nice, respects everyone else, works hard, and is good at their jobs.
If you join us you’ll get
· Competitive compensation
· Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
· Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
· Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
· A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
· Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
We also have:
· A beautifully designed, brand new, open office Located at 1301 Sansome, near Embarcadero
· Fully stocked communal kitchen with healthy snacks and on tap Kombucha
· A cozy "quiet room" for focused work or meditation
· A handful of friendly, productivity-enhancing (...mostly) small office dogs
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.