Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to be their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits.
Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you.
We are going where no vitamin has gone before, and your design chops will help us get there. We’re looking for an eager social creative intern who’s ready to hit the ground running and utilize their honed skills to represent our brand visually as a whole.
What You’ll Do
- Design, Photograph, Create
- 70% of your time will be spent working closely with the social team to develop content, editing, and adding UI elements to photos
- You will support in creating content for all social channels (Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok) pacing yourself alongside the marketing calendar and product launch dates
- 30% of your time will be spent working with the creative team to drive the brand through innovative content
- Work on social moments and fill in any missing creative gaps
Who You Are
- A Problem Solver. Your solutions take creative perspectives while successfully communicating with our consumers through visuals. The work you create is timeless, easy to digest yet full of smart messaging. You're motivated by our company’s mission and eager to help people create healthy habits.
- A Photographer. You know your way around a camera. You can shoot product through a Ritual lens. You have proficiency in studio lighting and equipment. Think product shoot meets still life.
- A Photo Editor. You have experience with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom or other photo editing tools. You’re able to edit and retouch photos to get the Ritual look.
- A Designer. You have an eye for living and breathing the brand's aesthetic, color, typography, icons, and use of space.
- A Creator. You have increasing knowledge and skills in layout, photography, retouching, etc. You’re curious. You want to learn. You’re eager.Tool Agnostic. Photoshop? Illustrator? The Adobe Suite? Sure you have preferences in order to be efficient, but you care more about what you're making than what you're using to make it. You’re willing to learn and become an expert in any program that will build your skills.
- A Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual preferences. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task & flag project inconsistencies. You are always accountable for your own tasks but not afraid to ask for help when needed. You are proud of your work but humble in your role. You can take criticism and put it towards bettering your work while giving constructive feedback that empowers your team.
- Current. You keep your finger on the pulse of industry trends. You're constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and delightful new experiences as well as innovate our existing presence.
- Up For A Challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult doesn't mean it should go unexplored. In fact, that might be validation that it’s worth trying, right?
What You Need
- Education: BFA (completed or in progress), preferably in a photo-related or creative field
- Experience: 0-2 years of photography/design experience. Please provide work samples that you are most proud of or a portfolio that aligns with Ritual’s brand
- Knowledge of use and functions of DSLR camera and lighting equipment
- Demonstrated understanding of branded design and clean aesthetic
- Prior experience with photo editing software Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom or other Prior experience directing talent/casting
- Experience lighting product/ subjects
- Source, secure, and manage props Excellent asset organizational skills. You will need to archive, tag and organize photo assets in dropbox Prior experience with social media platforms (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter etc.)
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Bonus if you have any graphic design and/or motion graphics experience
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We are dedicated to creating a brand that speaks to a healthy, clean, and no B.S. lifestyle. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including...
- “Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
- Catered lunch two days per week
- Specific baby days in the office and a pump room
- Dog days in the office
- Kombucha/cold brew on tap
- Company offsite events
- Workout room (with Peloton!) and showers
- Periodic private workouts with trainers
- Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
- Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks