We are looking for an experienced Security Architect who is passionate about collaborating to drive change, create secure designs, and to solve problems. Reporting to the Director of Information Security, this is a hands-on role with significant leadership potential to manage Omada’s security architecture program. If you are ready to roll up your sleeves and work with some of the best professionals in the health industry, this role is for you.
- Relevant BA/BS degree and/or certifications (CRISC, CISSP, CISM, CISA)
- 5+ years working in a security architecture role for cloud based products
- Deep knowledge of AWS architecture, security, and services design and implementation
- Working knowledge of web application technology and API frameworks, authentication, and secure coding best practices.
- Experience with threat modeling, security assessments, and penetration testing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Collaborate with Engineering, Security, and business stakeholders to drive security and compliance priorities within existing and proposed product security architectures.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Security to develop, document, and maintain security architecture standards to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements
- Conduct regular threat modeling exercises on new and changing services, including third party services that support Omada’s business initiatives
- Verify system and application security by performing routine security assessments, code reviews, configuration and design reviews.
- Develop and lead initiatives to assist with knowledge sharing across Platform and Engineering teams regarding security technologies, processes, or tools.
- Provide insight on trends and emerging threats and changes regarding Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud security
- Collaborate with Engineering to design and develop security architectures for AWS cloud and mobile systems
You will love this job if you are:
- Able to take charge to help develop and improve security standards amidst a growing and evolving company
- Experienced, comfortable, and effective at managing a program with minimal supervision
- Able to effectively partner with cross-functional teams
- Passionate about security and excited about supporting a mission to improve healthcare through innovation and technology
Bonus points if you have:
- An understanding of HIPAA regulatory requirements
- An understanding of HITRUST and SOC 2 audit frameworks
- Experience in ZenGRC
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.