As a member of Karat's engineering team, you will work on an exciting mission with a highly collaborative team that feels like family. You will be able to easily relate to the product given that you're likely going through technical interviews. Since we are a young company, you will work closely with others, contribute to team culture and practices, and receive mentorship from industry veterans. We're looking for individuals who are hungry to take ownership of their work and who want to make a significant impact on the product and beyond.
About the Apprenticeship
- You will work alongside other Karat engineers to gain real-world engineering experience.
- You will collaborate with a mentor who will help you through any challenges you encounter.
- You will take full ownership of an individual project after being on-boarded and taking on a few smaller ramp-up projects.
- The apprenticeship period lasts three months, with the goal of preparing you to take on a full-time software engineer role. The majority of apprentices join Karat full-time after their apprenticeship, but in any case, the experience you gain will be invaluable in advancing your career.
You have a non-traditional educational background, such as self-study, a bootcamp, or other similar programs (if you come from a more traditional background, feel free to apply to our software engineering position, we’re hiring!)
- Desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, and you will always go the extra mile to provide happiness to your customers
- Seeking to start your software engineering career
- Experience in a dynamic language used for web development, such as Ruby or Python
- Experience working on web apps - familiar with how HTTP, Rest, and web security work
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux workflow
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.