Somewhere along the way, CRM got really hard to use. We’re changing that. Copper was built with three basic principles in mind: keep it simple, show what matters, and make it actionable.
Copper is the No.1 CRM for G Suite that’s recommended by Google. It works instantly through a seamless integration with G Suite, has a beautiful user experience, and is designed to help teams and businesses build long-lasting relationships. Copper services more than 12,000 paid businesses in more than 110 countries.
As an engineer at Copper, you'll work in an agile development pod and your primary responsibility will be to add new features to our CRM. You'll focus on front-end coding (HTML, CSS, and JS) using the EmberJS framework. We believe in collaboration between the back-end, front-end, product, and QA, so you should be comfortable coordinating with folks across the entire software development lifecycle and tech stack.
Because we have just one product, every contribution you make will have a huge impact, and be appreciated by the team. No EmberJS experience? No worries, you will report to an engineering manager that can help you ramp-up on our tech stack.
The role will be located in our Toronto office as part of our product and engineering team in Canada and collaborate closely with our San Francisco and Montreal teams. There's also possibilities to work remotely from either Ontario or Quebec.
What you'll do
- Be part of an innovative engineer team and develop marketing leading solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers about feature/project design and planning
- Provide feedback to the product team with engineering limitations and optimizations
- Teach and learn from your fellow engineers via code reviews, tech talks, and organized discussions
- Fixing bugs and writing unit tests
What you'll have
- You enjoy collaborating and learning with a cross-functional team
- You have a passion for delivering excellent user experience and care deeply about the users of your software
- You are self-motivated to make things better
- You enjoy sharing what you know and teaching others
- You have 9+ years of professional engineering experience
- You have 3+ years of production experience with client side frameworks such as Ember, React, or Angular
- You have a deep understanding of MVC and MVVM architectures
- You have experience working on single page web apps
- You have experience (or a strong desire to learn about) growing code, systems, and capacity for scale
- You have proficient verbal and written communication skills and have relevant experience working with remote teams
We take pride in a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and work-life balance, which gives us the power to try new approaches and take ownership of success. We have a vision—and the talent to support it. We’re growing quickly in Toronto and San Francisco and we’re looking for people who want to learn and grow with us.
Goodies: Awesome benefits, convenient Downtown Toronto location, beautiful office, team outings, clubs and more.
Copper Ranks No. 115 on the 2019 Inc. 5000 Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies