The Logistics Associate coordinates, plans & executes activities related to receiving, inventory control, material movement, and distribution of materials and products, in accordance with quality system procedures. This role will be key to maintaining warehouse stock and assisting in fulfilling orders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain warehouse spaces.
· Ensures materials are properly located and maintained following storage procedures, and quality/GMP standards.
· Works with Customer Service/Materials Control on preparing finished goods shipments to customers, EU warehouse, sales representatives.
· Assist in reviewing pick sheets based on customer orders and pulling the right products for each order.
· Responsible for all forms of communication with carriers.
· Track orders and deliveries to ensure on time receipts, when required.
· Load and unload delivery trucks and make sure that each incoming delivery matches the company purchase order, if applicable.
· Collaborate with Material Control and Purchasing to determine when product and or documentation is missing in a delivery.
· Supports daily receiving and inventory transactions.
· Assist in physically moving incoming items to designed storage areas and/or recipients.
· Works with production for needed material and kitting for the next build.
· Works with production on preparing shipments to the contracted sterilizer.
· Responsible for conducting routine cycle counts for inventory accuracy.
· Works closely with Materials Control to monitor supply levels and submit purchasing recommendations, if necessary.
· Other duties as set forth by management.
· High school diploma or equivalent certification
· A minimum of 2 years as a materials specialist for medical devices, or equivalent.
· Experience with ERP Applications.
· Proficient computer skills. (MS Office)
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to independently determine and develop approaches to solutions and perform most assignments with general instructions of the expected results.
· Exceptional attention to detail, proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and able to work independently.
· Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to lift 50 Lbs.