We believe that recruiting is the bedrock of our talent philosophy; it sets the tone for all future talent development, and has a meaningful impact on our company culture and employee experience. As our first campus recruiting hire, you will play an essential role in building Policygenius’ campus recruiting program from the ground up, leading campus efforts across Pg to open up a critical sourcing channel and lay the foundation for hiring early career talent as we scale. You will serve as a trusted partner to your hiring managers and a transparent advocate for your candidates, always seeking the best possible experience for everyone involved; and you’ll serve as a crucial link between our Durham and New York headquarters to support and foster our unique culture as we expand.
As a Campus Recruiting Lead, you’re passionate about connecting students with their next career opportunity and know how to build a recruiting strategy from the ground up. You can create opportunities where there are none, leveraging your existing university network and forming new connections with non-traditional candidate sources. You’re eager to share Policygenius’s mission with others, and you know what makes our team special. Most of all, you’re enthusiastic about building and leading a team that finds the right talent for the organization.
This role reports to the Senior Director of People.
In this role, you will…
- Build a campus recruiting program from the ground up, starting as an individual contributor and eventually scaling a team to support campus hiring across Pg
- Build relationships with career services, professors, department heads, student and alumni organizations to promote careers at Pg; work with schools to develop workforce training, internship and apprentice opportunities as appropriate
- Develop a campus strategy and calendar, including organizing and planning events (virtual events, information sessions, campus interviews, etc.), attending college career fairs and campus events to source students and new graduates, and seeking out opportunities to recruit in underserved communities to further Policygenius’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Serve as the first and primary point of contact for students and new graduates: guide them through the Policygenius interview process, provide feedback and create an incredible candidate experience every step of the way
- Analyze and report out on campus recruiting data; maintain current knowledge of campus recruitment trends, and adopt the best and most innovative practices
- Collaborate with the Pg recruiting team, people team leadership, hiring managers, and other relevant cross-functional stakeholders to drive people programs and talent model strategy--including training, employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming and onboarding for early career hires
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of campus recruiting experience, ideally in a fast-paced, high-growth environment; prior management experience is preferred
- You have successfully built and operationalized a campus recruitment strategy, ideally from the ground up
- You know how to realize and assess potential in early career job seekers, recognizing a long-term career path and evaluating candidates without work experience
- You are a people person, with natural, authentic people skills and the ability to build trust-based relationships and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and stakeholders (both internal and external)
- You value your relationships with stakeholders in the campus recruitment community and know how to build a network and establish credibility
- You can couple a proactive mindset and bias toward action with exemplary judgment and empathy; you have a demonstrated ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions on behalf of the business
- You have a metrics- and process-orientation and a passion for clean data, and are well-versed in different recruiting systems (ATS, HRIS, LinkedIn, etc) and techniques
- You share a passion for our mission to get consumers the financial protection they need and help them feel good about it!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!