Everyone at Policygenius, from our newest designer to our CEO, understands that the design process is our primary tool for empathy, problem solving, and innovation. Our entire product process is designed to de-risk what we build before we build it. In fact, the product and design teams focus nearly 70% of their time on Discovery; lining up experiments to validate our riskiest assumptions first. To be successful, we’ve built a balanced team who aims to deeply understand how our real, human users think about their safety nets.
Why Growth Design?
Our entire design team focuses on product thinking and empathy, but it’s the Growth team that’s responsible for customer success, engagement, and retention. Growth designers are encouraged to look beyond their specific product in order to hone in on user motivations and ship lean, targeted tests. They’re metrics-minded, and understand which behaviors to look for to measure impact, while prioritizing long-term retention and trust.
The Growth teams help users experience that first “a-ha” moment, build trust in our experts, and understand how our platform can support their goals.
In this role, you will…
- Report to the Chief Design Officer and work directly with leads in User Research and Platform Design
- Partner closely with leaders in Product, Engineering, and Marketing (including our in-house Brand team and Product Marketing leads)
- Manage and develop a team of driven and thoughtful designers tackling meaty challenges
- Aid in recruiting and retaining our best-in-class talent
- Own the design roadmap for all Growth teams
- Be involved in the entire product design life-cycle – from strategic planning all the way to post-launch iteration and impact assessment
- Bolster our culture of rapid, targeted testing. Follow research outcomes all the way through to impact
- Facilitate design reviews and workshops, while building on our design team culture
- Guide the evolution of our design systems and process
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You’re a Product Design leader with 10+ years experience (including at least 3+ in management) preferably in consumer-focused environments
- You have the appetite to tackle a monster, consumer-facing challenge being experienced by millions in America everyday
- You have a proven track record of creating high-impact products and strong opinions about scaffolding user success
- You’re adept at wielding quant/qual research techniques to shed light on customer motivations
- You’re a master observer, able to quickly get to the true takeaway of an experiment
- Comfortable leading teams through periods of great company growth
- You are a pragmatist at heart, able to balance speed and rigor effectively
- You are comfortable taking the wheel to tackle complex and sometimes ambiguous problems
- You are excited to help shape our design team culture here at Policygenius
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!