Can you build a world-class analytics organization whose work directly influences the trajectory of a business every day? Are you passionate about finding insights from data, turning insights into action, and instilling others with the same passion? In the Head of Analytics role, you will lead a team solving challenging problems with data to support both day-to-day decisions as well as key strategic initiatives across the enterprise including: product, marketing, and business operations. You will work closely with both business and technical stakeholders, including our founders and senior leadership team. This role reports to the Head of Strategy & Business Operations.
In this role, you will…
- Build a sophisticated analytics team that can tackle the next stage of challenges facing Policygenius
- Coach analysts and managers to help them realize their potential
- Act as a trusted advisor and partner to leaders throughout Policygenius to guide business decisions through frameworks, metrics and ad hoc analysis, including marketing, product, operations, finance, and people operations
- Evaluate and select the data tools that our company will use to track metrics, mine data, and create dashboards
- Experiment with an open-minded team that is always exploring new methods
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years managing analytics teams, with bonus points if you have built them from scratch
- You have 3+ years of experience as an analyst, creating analysis, including dashboards, models, ad hoc analysis and data-oriented presentations
- You have a diversity of analytics experience, covering product, marketing and operations analytics needs
- You have exceptional business intuition and conceptual thinking, with the ability to readily map business processes to the appropriate metrics and suggest hypothesis-driven analysis that efficiently deliver insights
- You have a proven track record of mentoring and developing the careers of analysts
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You have the ability to thrive in a startup environment
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!