The Policygenius Life Strategy & Operations team is focused on building a world class operations organization within the Life business (the largest business at Policygenius!), working collaboratively across the company to improve our efficiency and effectiveness while creating a world-class experience for our customers. As a Senior Manager, you will balance both problem-solving and process, the strategic and the tactical, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between operations, marketing, product and business intelligence to develop strategies, execute initiatives, delight customers and deliver business impact.
This role reports to the Director of Strategy & Operations (Life).
In this role, you will...
- Tackle complex strategic and operational challenges affecting the Life organization, make sense of the unknown, and develop solutions
- Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to develop, shape, and lead initiatives that will improve processes for our Life Operations teams (e.g., sales, case management, customer success, and others)
- Work closely with the Director of Strategy & Operations on initiatives to help the Life Operations organization scale effectively in a time of rapid growth
- Partner with leaders in our Product, Marketing and Business Intelligence teams to implement changes that will affect market segmentation, workflows, and processes across the company
- Coach, mentor and support other members of the Life Strategy & Operations team
- Lead special projects as needed
We would love to hear from you if...
- You have 7+ years of experience leading strategic initiatives in fast paced, dynamic environments (prior startup experience is a bonus)
- You have prior experience in a business operations, project management, or management consulting role
- You demonstrate strong business insight paired with a desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- You have extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively navigate and influence change across all levels of the organization
- You have a highly analytical mindset and comfort with diving deep into data to identify the right solutions
- You have a history of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between product, marketing and business stakeholders alike; you can drive feature definition across teams with clarity and conviction
- You have the ability to remain organized in a dynamic environment, bringing order to chaos and driving execution
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!