On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization to help more Americans get the financial protection they need and feel good about it. We hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact.
To date, Policygenius has developed and executed against a comprehensive organic strategy that has resulted in ~1m visitors/month. We have inhouse editorial, SEO, and product teams dedicated to growing our organic reach. We’re looking for a seasoned PM to develop the next phase of our content growth strategy and challenge the content incumbents within personal finance. With a revenue model that doesn’t rely on ad or affiliate revenue to be successful, we have a significant advantage to scale and invest in this next phase of organic growth.
You’ll sit at the convergence of product, marketing, and data, diving deep to discover new and actionable insights about how to attract visitors to Policygenius, while simultaneously obsessing about how to provide an unparalleled user experience. Success means balancing what’s right for the business and fighting for what’s best for the user.
In this role, you will…
- Work with product leadership to create a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision for the product you own and develop a roadmap to realize that vision
- Drive the product development process from discovery through delivery. Ensure your team is clear on how their work impacts both the customers and the business
- Manage the timelines of your team to effectively and predictably deliver on the product commitments that have been aligned with stakeholders
- Track progress and measure the impact of the team’s efforts against business goals
- Use data to discover and justify investments as well as to analyze their impact
- Partner closely with the SEO and editorial team to refine how we position our product in the market, optimize existing growth channels, and discover new opportunity spaces
- Contribute to mentoring the teams and our process to improve the impact that the product organization has
- Be a positive contributor to the Product team at large, e.g., help foster an environment of continuous learning, mentor team members, etc.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4+ years of product experience building consumer-facing products with clear, demonstrable results. You have at least 2 years of experience working with content and SEO teams as a product partner
- You have a strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- You have a strong track record of growing products you’ve worked on, both in terms of usage but also user affinity
- You have a solid design and technical understanding, such that you can engage with your counterparts in a collaborative and productive manner
- You have a strong analytical orientation; a focus on data-driven analytics and the ability to measure success
- You have a good understanding of SEO and the importance it plays in product decisions
- You have a STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree (preferred)
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!