The Policygenius Life Strategy & Operations team is focused on building a world class operations organization within the Life business (the largest business at Policygenius!), working collaboratively across the company to improve our efficiency and effectiveness while creating a world-class experience for our customers. As a Strategy & Operations Associate, you will focus on supporting key strategic initiatives within the Life organization, as well as conducting data analysis and reporting that impacts day-to-day business. You will work closely with business stakeholders to deliver data-driven solutions while also partnering with Life leadership to understand and implement key improvements to processes..
This role reports to the Director of Strategy & Operations (Life).
In this role, you will...
- Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to help drive and shape initiatives that will improve processes for our Life Operations teams (e.g., sales, case management, customer success, and others)
- Delve deeply into our operational data to identify trends that signal opportunities, challenges, and risks and recommend actionable processes and tactics
- Analyze real time and historical operational metrics to maximize operational efficiency and mitigate performance issues; regularly report out on operational KPIs and SLAs
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Product teams to implement changes to market segmentation, operations workflows, and incentive systems
- Support special projects as needed
We would love to hear from you if…
- You have 2+ years of experience supporting strategic initiatives in fast paced, dynamic environments (prior startup experience is a bonus)
- You have prior experience in a business operations, data analysis, or management consulting role
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills (experience with Tableau, Excel, and SQL preferred)
- You pair strong business insight and strategy with a desire to work through problems and guide meaningful business decisions, sometimes with incomplete information
- You have the ability to remain organized in a dynamic environment, bringing order to chaos and driving execution
- You have high interpersonal skills and comfort with communicating with a variety of stakeholders
- You have a go-getter attitude; you’re willing to be proactive and take on new projects and responsibilities
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!