Reporting into the CEO, the VP of Operations, Property & Casualty, will be responsible for inside sales, sales operations/fulfillment, quality assurance and customer service for our rapidly growing Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance business unit. This person will operate and problem-solve both strategically and tactically, leading a large frontline organization across two office locations in New York City and Durham, NC. They will build and manage teams; forecast and plan for future resource needs; drive continuous improvement; lead strategy and goal-setting; and own the achievement of ambitious P&L goals.
In this role, you will…
- Build a best-in-class customer operations and inside sales function to support the company’s P&C growth goals. This includes full ownership of the operational sales funnel -- the conversion of online leads to in force customers -- as well as the post-sales service and retention teams
- Create and execute against a 12-month strategy and operational plan including specifics around the people, org structure, and processes & technology required to achieve it
- Partner with the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team to set annual and quarterly P&L targets for the P&C business; serve as the accountable owner for the achievement of those targets
- Improve on the existing sales and customer operations processes to improve: conversion, customer satisfaction (NPS) and retention
- Run the company’s multiple sales and service-focused channels for the P&C business, including: phone, email, chat and SMS
- Foster a values-oriented and problem-solving culture within the operations teams, and implement best practices in frontline performance management and career pathing
- Implement and manage processes and early warning systems for customer escalations and funnel conversion
- Own and manage all people aspects of the P&C operations org: recruiting, talent development, retention, staffing forecasting, scheduling, timekeeping, compensation leveling, licensing, training and continuing education
- Work with the company’s product and engineering teams to scope out tech features for the P&C operations org
- Feed back, proactively, customer insights to the company’s product and marketing teams
- Synthesize performance results and insights to the CEO and Board
- Serve as the executive site lead for the company’s Durham, NC, headquarters
To be successful, you have...
- A minimum of 7+ years of senior frontline / operations experience, with a track record of achievement and a growing organizational mandate
- Experience successfully identifying, implementing, managing and measuring the drivers of best-in-class operational performance
- A track record of scaling a sales/service team to 75+ in a startup/growth environment
- A history of successfully recruiting and performance managing frontline staff and managers; you’re skilled at developing and managing people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- The ability to work cross-functionally with product and engineering to build software features and automated workflows to improve customer experience, team performance and operational efficiency
- Demonstrated effectiveness balancing the strategic with the tactical, and demonstrate insightful problem-solving, and influencing outcomes
We’d love to hear from you if you are...
- A strategic thinker: able to independently see and communicate the big picture in operations; determines opportunities and risks and identifies best practices for the company to use
- Hands-on: able to and enjoys rolling up sleeves and leading by example
- Organized: able to plan and manage projects & budgets with a tight focus on execution and attention to detail. Able to independently prioritize and drive initiatives to successful completion.
- Highly analytical: able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it
- A strong problem-solver: able to think critically through unique problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to the solution
- A people-focused leader who values building and maintaining company culture and employee engagement/retention; skilled at building trust with employees via empathy, honesty and integrity, and comfortable having difficult conversations
- Excited by efficiency and delivering an industry-leading customer experience, driving output with minimal waste
- Capable of managing and influencing both tactical and adaptive performance with the grit and positive attitude in line with the Policygenius culture
- Based in Durham, NC, or willing to relocate
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!