The ideal Test & Automation Engineer candidate would…
- Believe in fault-free software that can be designed, developed, maintained, tested, qualified and deployed.
- Believe in automation for fast and repeated verification of software, that is useful during development and deployment.
- Have experience with software testing methodologies and automation technologies (tools and programming languages).
- Have experience creating and modifying automation suites.
- Shoulder responsibility and strive to meet quality expectations and timelines.
Some of the things you’re expected to do...
- Understand existing ecosystem and ongoing developments to be able to add & improve tests and automation suites.
- Understand failures and their impact on user experience and system stability.
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies, particularly as the software moves from developers to production systems.
- Design and implement with reuse, utility and completeness in mind.
- Follow & improve processes - with special focus on code reviews, among others.
- Improve quality with every version, and new test & automation suites must match or exceed existing levels.
- Contribute to a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service.
- Through awareness question priorities and influence plans & designs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 0 - 6 months experience/internship in testing or application developing
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and tools
- Experience any one or more programming languages (C, C++, Java or PHP)
- Good communication skills and Academics
Why Blue Jeans is THE PLACE to be?
We have a fun and collaborative work culture— for 2 years running, BJN was voted in the Top 10 - Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We have over 1000 enterprise customers including Facebook, Stanford University, CBS and Zappos. We raised $49M from top venture capitalists: Accel, NEA and Norwest. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend of industries: broadband networks, video, media and SaaS. We live and breathe a can-do attitude with the passion to “get stuff done” with quality. We have fun, eat well and love to compete in table tennis and pool.