Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer developing product assemblies for the Hardware Engineering group you will be responsible for design, release and launch of components for future product lines including, but not limited to:
· Robot Bed Assembly
· Storage Robot Assembly
· Safety System Assemblies
You will be part of the team that creates and executes world class systems in terms of styling, function and customer quality. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these commodities and develop as a world class engineer – designing and delivering entire systems rather than just components as you work with a lean and agile team. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Hardware Design Team.
- Concept Engineering & feasibility
- Packaging & layout within robot architecture
- Participate in the iterative process with the Bumblebee Design Team. Engineering Design must deliver targets for Craftsmanship, function, cost and weight.
- Prove design maximization through calculation and simulation tools.
- Collaborate with key suppliers & tool makers to support overall product development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Bumblebee, including Procurement groups to ensure system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME preferred). Preferably 2 years of experience in product development or similar field. Proven evidence of technical aptitude. Evidence of following the design process from initial concept stages through tooling release and production launch, having completed 3D and 2D CAD.
- Experience managing suppliers for product development.
- Have a good mix of designing a variety of materials (stamped, injection mold, cast, etc.) and designing kinematics/ mechanisms.
- Understand the fundamental differences in design and engineering between low/high volume.
- Have in-depth technical expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
- Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the programs.
- Strong familiarity with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout your career.