Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
Let your hands on construction experience and help us redesign the way that people live and use their space. A Bumblebee System Installer is responsible for traveling on-site to perform installation and testing of our electro-mechanical system from start to finish - from installing the anchoring system to tuning the final pieces that the customer will use everyday. He/She must be able to work efficiently alone as well as on a team with other installers and engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanical installation of the Bumblebee system
- Follows set procedures for testing and calibrating the system for the customer
- Works closely will all team members including design, engineering and operations
- Committed to traveling on-site for installations
- Helps to set up equipment including hand tools, scaffolding, hammer drill lifts, running power, etc
- Overhead anchor mounting with proper equipment
- Prep of concrete surfaces as needed
- Responsible for end of shift job site clean-up, consolidate debris, vacuum work area, store equipment
- Responsive when communicating with the team
- Very detail oriented
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (50lbs or more) in addition to climbing ladders and working in high places.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to travel between job sites
- Strong hands on experience with power tools
- 1-5+ years general contracting experience highly desirable
- Experience working with structural concrete
- Electrical / Wiring experience highly desirable (will train)
- Experience reading technical drawings
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skill - email, word, excel
- Skilled with construction tools - drills, hammer drills, torque wrenches, laser levels, hoists, lifts