Bumblebee makes space for what matters. Using precision robotics and software, we transform unused space by moving furniture and storage into the ceiling. Take a look at our website to see it first-hand.
We are a team from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision for making housing affordable, desirable and sustainable. Bumblebee makes space in homes, cities and the planet for more flora and fauna.
Bumblebee is a Series A company backed by some of the best VCs in the business. We are currently scaling all our teams while preparing to bring our product to the world at an ambitious scale. We operate with an open culture with no bureaucracy and pointless meetings. In our work, we build to think and remain deeply centered on first principles and user empathy. We’re searching for driven, talented, and engaged team-members. Please reach out if this speaks to you!
As the Systems Integration Lead, you will be responsible for scaling the software systems architecture to deliver a world-class user experience while ensuring that Bumblebee systems operate in the world safely and reliably. To accomplish this, you will work closely with an obsessive team of industrial designers, computer vision, AI, electrical and mechanical engineers to evaluate, develop and integrate software and sensor technologies into the Bumblebee platform. Meanwhile, you will have a front-row seat to the insanely challenging act of scaling a full-stack hardware / software company for global impact.
If we succeed in our mission, we will have created a world class product that dramatically improves the quality of life of millions of people worldwide. Not to mention, created a new category of products that change forever how people perceive and value robots in homes.
Up for a challenge? Read on...
- Own the product roadmap and architecture of the core software platform
- Prototype new technologies, sensors, compute platforms to enhance system intelligence and safety
- Integrate software sub-systems into the core platform with focus on stability, reliability, fault tolerance and performance
- Design, develop and iterate robot motion control and associated embedded systems
- Institute CI/CD pipeline that balances agility with stability
- Mentor other engineers to grow world-class software team
- BS / MS in Computer Science, EE or associated
- For a candidate with relevant experience degree requirement will be waived
- Demonstrated experience designing and building complex software systems
- Experience developing embedded software for robotics / motion control / sensor integration
- Demonstrated track record of shipping and supporting software at scale to production systems
- Sound knowledge of infrastructure, network, security, monitoring in relation to designing and managing distributed systems
- Detail-oriented, meticulous and leave no stone unturned
- Function with minimal oversight and expect/embrace change to the ‘plan on record’