The ideal candidate is a seasoned Marketing Communications leader with experience building, scaling, and executing a successful SaaS technology communications strategy, managing and leading a team of smart and entrepreneurial individuals, and working closely with Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Executives.
This is a strategic position for the Act-On organization that is key to guiding and executing the company's vision, and delivers on strategy by prioritizing and owning marketing communications activities and the measurement methods and reporting processes associated with them.
- Develop, enhance and continuously improve the company messaging platform with the goal of distinguishing the brand in one of the most highly competitive software markets.
- Grow, define and lead bringing to market unique and compelling value propositions and stories that are aligned with the company’s forward-looking vision, ensuring messaging and positioning cut through the noise and remains jargon-free.
- Act as the primary brand champion within the organization (written & visual) to ensure the company is perceived as uniquely modern in the market. Develop internal brand systems and guidelines that can scale quickly and ensure consistency of the brand.
- Oversee the company’s broad content strategy to ensure that it produces a steady stream of fresh, relevant content with a strong and informed point of view across content, web and video.. The development of the program should possess strong principles of segmentation, channel understanding and measurement throughout.
- Acting as primary lead with our PR Agency, develop and support the day-to-day execution of a comprehensive PR and Social marketing plan meant to measurably increase brand awareness. Ensure results are measurable and inspected on a regular basis for improvements and to drive a learning culture inside the organization.
- Develop the creation and execution of a holistic customer marketing program that is designed to support sales targets, increase external validation points and increase overall customer advocacy in the market.
- Partner with the Demand Generation team to ensure alignment of prioritized deliverables, and bring uniquely creative and emotional elements to our campaigns, thought leadership and pipeline-building efforts.
- Manage the marketing communications team, implementing structures and processes that allow the team to deliver on objectives, ensures team alignment and supports their professional development.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 7+ years communications and brand experience with SaaS or marketing software products
- Ability to create thoughtful differentiated messaging, cultivate emotional connections and design sophisticated content strategies geared toward winning the hearts and minds of buyers
- Demonstrated track record of driving change and successful communications projects, with well-defined results that connect directly to business objectives
- Ability to move between high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution, managing priorities and staying organized throughout
- Strong track record of building, maturing and leading highly functional teams
- Experience talking with customers and the skill to understanding what makes them tick
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to translate, distill, and simplify technical details into human insights
- Ability to stay level-headed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing priorities
- A proven track record of demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking, attention to detail and ability to identify and act on critical priorities
- Narrative / storytelling ability to inspire and excite others around key recommendations
- High level of creativity—innovative, strategic thinker with a clear understanding of branding, marketing, and business strategies
- Bachelor's degree, with a preference for a Master's degree in a related field or equivalent experience