At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
Clarus Commerce is seeking a Build and Release Engineer. The individual will join a highly skilled IT organization and be responsible and set direction for Release Management processes and services at Clarus Commerce in accordance with enterprise standards, SDLC and best practices with highest quality.
- Release Management processes, services, standards, direction and improvements.
- Establish benchmarks and report on KPI’s for release management services.
- Work with other teams and product owners to refine SDLC, prioritize agile backlogs, and maintain release readiness and schedules.
- Source code repository and branch integrity, versioning and management.
- Support continuous improvement, software build automation, continuous integration and release.
- Ongoing analysis of the software releases from end-to-end, keeping a schedule to track releases.
- Recommendations for source code control process updates for efficient management and release of software.
- Comply with Enterprise Change Management standards and related procedures across development, system test, user acceptance testing, security and production environments. Includes coordinating, creating, approving and monitoring of required change tickets.
- Validate and approve readiness of overall release with Quality Assurance team, ensuring release risks are accounted for and documented.
- Serve as the point person during release cycles, including planning the activities of the Quality Assurance and Production Support teams.
- Document release processes including rollback strategy when required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3+ years Release or Software Configuration Management experience.
- Expertise with source control and continuous integration using TeamCity and MSBuild.
- Expertise with source control management principles, practices and build automation - Git/GitHub preferred.
- Experience with automated deployment and release management systems – Octopus Deploy a plus.
- Experience and expertise with managing .NET application deployment and configuration on Windows Server 2008+ and IIS 7+.
- Experience working with Visual Studio development tools and configuration.
- Must have strong interpersonal, planning, facilitation, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Able to identify risk and issues and recommend appropriate mitigation plans.
- Can deal with changing priorities and meet tight timelines. Can work under pressure, manage competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SQL Server database system and writing queries
- Experience in the various stages of Software Development Life Cycle for enterprise applications.
- Experience with Continuous Deployment, DevOps or Kanban methodologies.
- Expertise and experience with Puppet or Chef.
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- Having loads of passion for highly-usable, modern web experiences and mobile applications.