At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
Clarus Commerce is seeking a Director to oversee and manage the company’s Payments Operations. The ideal candidate will be a payments industry leader in Card-Not-Present credit card processing, recurring/subscription revenue models, and fraud prevention. This person must be exceedingly analytical, well-organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of working with internal teams, vendors and credit card processing companies to improve authorization rates and decrease fraud and chargebacks. The ability to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment is crucial. The Director, Payments Operations will report to the SVP of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all aspects of payment operations, fraud prevention and detection strategies, and chargeback management.
- Monitor transaction approval rates on all of Clarus’ products, and design and implement testing strategies to increase revenue and improve customer LTV through optimized authorization handling.
- Monitor chargeback rates and oversee the team that processes all disputes and preventative fraud alerts. Analyze and report on current and projected fraud activity, including associated costs.
- Research 3rd party providers and industry trends and spearhead the implementation of solutions that can improve authorization rates, reduce fraud and chargebacks, and reduce costs.
- Act as primary point of contact for all payment operations vendors including acquirers and fraud solution providers.
- Act as Project Sponsor for all technical implementations that are related to Clarus’ billing systems and participate in the planning and development of new Client onboarding procedures that pertain to merchant processing.
- Work with internal teams to develop Tableau reporting pertaining to payment operations KPIs.
- Research changes to Card Brand policies and maintain compliance.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise and hands-on experience in all aspects of Card-Not-Present and Recurring Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Excellent team leader with a demonstrated track record of managing, mentoring and developing a high performing team
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Mobile Wallet and alternative payment solutions, a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to learn new things quickly and implement them efficiently, within very tight timeframes
- A great attitude, an open mind, an eagerness to learn and a willingness to take initiative, no matter the task, is the top requirement
- Team player who can also function well independently
- Skilled at juggling various responsibilities, prioritizing, and thriving in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong math and problem-solving skills