Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is currently recruiting for a Class B Linehaul Driver. Our Drivers successfully operate various tractor-trailer combinations. Truck Drivers also sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at Imperfect locations. Linehaul Drivers are critical members of our team they help to accurately deliver our produce boxes and help keep our promises.
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials
- Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test and alcohol test
- Operates computer/internal freight monitoring systems required
- Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must possess a valid commercial driver's license
- 1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems. Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, and inspection and maintenance
- Pass a Drug Test and satisfactorily pass an alcohol test (if applicable). Must have had a valid commercial license for at least 1 year
- Frequent driving
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds
- Offer contingent on successful completion of background check
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.