Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect is searching for a dedicated Delivery Manager to join our growing team! As the Delivery Manager at our Burnsville, MN line haul facility, you will be responsible for managing a fleet of drivers. It will be your job to ensure drivers are set up for success prior to starting their route each day. As the main contact with our vehicle vendor, you will be responsible for ensuring vans are in proper operating condition in preparation for deliveries. Keeping an eye on our delivery metrics, you will have a direct impact on Imperfect's growth. If you're passionate about eliminating food waste and making a meaningful impact on the grocery industry, we'd love to talk!
- Hire and train delivery drivers
- Manage and provide feedback to 40-50 full-time and part-time drivers daily
- Track and analyze delivery metrics and continuously strive to meet KPI's
- Partner with Delivery Dispatcher to ensure all routes are mapped out efficiently
- Manage relationship with Penske, our delivery van leasing partner
- Coordinate regular maintenance checkups with Penske
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a delivery role
- 3+ years of experience managing drivers
- Highly comfortable navigating the area
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on-time delivery experience for each customer
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and adept at analyzing metrics
- You’re highly organized and strong attention to detail
- You’re able to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work
- You’re passionate about our mission to fight food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Delivery
- Based out of our local operation
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Domestic travel to new and existing local facilities required as needed
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Standing desks and/or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Driving may be necessary
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.