Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
As the Production Supervisor (AM Shift) for our operation in San Francisco, Ca, you are responsible for overseeing and assisting in the day to day operations. You will supervise, mentor, and develop a team of associates who ultimately ensure that our customers have a great experience when they open their boxes. This is an exciting time to join the team because you will play a huge part in shaping this operation and building a blueprint for future launches in new cities. You will be reporting to our Director of Production and assisting him in ensuring a successful assembly and delivery of produce boxes from our warehouse in San Francisco, CA.
- Ensure adequate staffing by scheduling, training, and mentoring the local team to ensure they are meeting performance metrics and operating efficiently
- Take control of all aspects of production of boxes: setting up the line, packing, and cleaning up at the end of each shift
- Coordinate with the Production Manager to notify customers of potential shorts or substitutions and maintain a constant loop for customer feedback
- Supervise decisions around the pack line flow and all supporting ops functions as well as bottom lining food safety and warehouse safety
- Oversee and own the process of shutting down the line and cleaning up the warehouse. Use the checklist of warehouse closing responsibilities and manage the warehouse employees during closing and daily cleaning process
- Keep a constant eye out for opportunities to improve the operational flow, key metrics, employee happiness, food safety and warehouse safety at Imperfect and relay those to the Ops Leadership Team
- Own key KPI’s around order accuracy, quality issues, and underweight items
- Help to coach and develop pack team, giving adequate feedback
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years experience in a supervisor role
- Experience in the fresh produce/food industry
- Working knowledge of optimization techniques and process flow improvements
- Experience supervising a nimble, fast-growing team
- Computer skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Energetic and excited about Imperfect
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Excels at independent, unsupervised work
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Production.
- The full-time exempt position that supports the growth and performance of the east coast market.
- Position based out of our local operation in San Francisco.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Frequent standing
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment
- Able to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Able to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.