Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
We are looking for a responsible Warehouse Associate (Custodial Technician/Sanitation) to keep our office space & warehouse clean and presentable while performing all janitorial and light maintenance duties in a professional and timely manner. The Warehouse Associate (Custodial Technician/Sanitation) is responsible for keeping a running inventory of all cleaning supplies, submitting purchasing requests when supplies get low, and assuring all parts of the building are clean. Warehouse Associate (Custodial Technician/Sanitation) may also be a cross functional team member with the ability to work in all areas of the warehouse as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You may be assigned to specific areas, or any combination of areas, such as the kitchen, bathrooms, general/common areas, to be cleaned either as scheduled or as needed
- Cleaning duties include, but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, emptying wastebaskets, dusting and wiping all surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms, cleaning kitchens and pantries, cleaning appliances, cleaning windows, and mirrors, refilling all disposable items as necessary (including paper towels and toilet paper), vacuuming carpets, dusting and polishing furniture, and cleaning metal fixtures and fittings
- Repair or replace any minor maintenance items such as light bulbs, filters, paper products, and other similar items as necessary
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- Report inventory levels to supervisor
- Other responsibilities as needed to support warehouse operations
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1-year Custodian/Janitorial experience with a business
- Ability to tell the difference between clean and unclean
- Ability to work independently
- Understands established procedures and comply with deadlines
- Consistently at work and on time, ensuring work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment in a safe manner
Details of the Position
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Pay is starting at $14.50 per hour
- The position is based out of our warehouse in Chicago, IL
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Ability to work in both hot and cold temperature conditions
- Can lift up 15lbs
- Able to walk, stand, bend, squat/stoop, climb, reach, crouch, and kneel throughout the workday.
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/ or packages weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly or continuously over time.
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.