We are looking for Software Engineers who can help accelerate customer adoption and empower everyone with the freedom to move. There are millions of home movers per year, and today we are helping only 1% of them - we believe everyone should consider Opendoor as an option.
Opendoor spends millions of dollars on paid advertising every year - very few companies market at our scale. The marketing infrastructure team is responsible for optimizing the ROI of our marketing budget, improving the responsiveness and efficiency of our marketing process, and launching and optimizing new growth channels. This team is critical at Opendoor as it has direct impact on our growth and profitability. We use data pipelines, automation, analysis, and data science to increase the efficiency of our marketing.
We work closely with our product, design, and marketing teams. Engineers are empowered to drive projects from ideation to shipping and analyzing their impact.
Your responsibilities include:
- Build scalable products from scratch
- Rapidly ideate and ship experiments across our products
- Raise the bar on our existing systems and processes
- Have an outsized impact and help define the future of the company
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 6+ years professional work experience
- Deep understanding of how the whole stack fits together
- A sense of ownership for everything you ship
- Focus on rapid delivery with a high bar for quality
- Care for modular, performant and testable code
- Experience with Airflow, Luigi, or other ETL scheduling technologies.
- Understanding of data processing technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
- Experience with Data Warehousing technologies such as BigQuery, Snowflake, and Redshift
- Building an automated decision engine to allocate per-channel and per-market spend, on the order of hundreds of millions of dollars per year
- Scaling the system that generates and sends millions of pieces of physical mail to homes across the US
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.