At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We make buying and selling home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, have raised over $300 million from top-notch investors and are growing fast, buying and selling more than $100 million of homes per month.
The Opendoor Direct Access (ODA) team is our interface with institutional real estate buyers (REITs, private equity real estate funds, family offices, etc.)
As a senior associate of business intelligence and analytics on the ODA team you will focus on continually improving and scaling our business lines, as well as fuel continued rapid growth. You’ll have the opportunity to make a major impact on the team, helping us understand the double-click details as to why various parts of our business are performing well/poorly, and provide ideas as to how we can double-down on the positives and fix the problems. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with top-tier operations and strategy leaders, and gain first hand exposure to top-tier institutional real estate buyers.
- “Own” the ODA teams analytics, dashboard, and reporting functions. This includes maintaining & creating dashboards, trackers, and alerting tools (we’re growing quickly and frequently launching new business lines. We frequently need to update our existing dashes/trackers + create new ones)
- In partnership with our operations and leadership team, research/analyze data-centric problems and issues that our team is encountering; follow up with data-based findings and recommended courses of action
- Collaborate with a number of cross-functional teams internally. This can be for knowledge-sharing, joint-projects or dashboards, or any number of other reasons
- Provide research and analyses to help the ODA team determine if a new business line is worth launching, or a new industry or worth entering
- Develop a deep competency regarding the holistic ODA business, as well as Opendoor overall. The ODA business unit has multiple lines of business (and more will be added) -- and your work will span across all of these.
- Pitch in however you can when needed. We’re a lean team and there will be “all hands on deck” moments.
We're excited about you because:
- 4+ years professional experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, or similar
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Experience partnering and analyzing operationally complex business problems with a business-oriented mindset (i.e. you’re a simplifier vs. complexifier, and excel at understanding and tying together business/operational practicalities with data-oriented findings)
- You have an interest in real estate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.