Opendoor is building a marketplace to make most people’s largest financial decisions (real estate transactions) more simple, certain and convenient. Accurate and efficient pricing of a unique and complex assets is critical to our success.
Pricing Strategy & Analytics is a specialized and cross-functional team that works closely with leadership teams, data science, engineering, product, design, and operations teams to drive business critical pricing related decision-making at Opendoor. Each team member is responsible for the effective performance of a key component of our pricing system (acquisition and resale pricing from valuation and risk to strategy) and will be accountable for key operating metrics to drive via operations, analytics and product.
As a member of this team, you’ll lay the foundation for how we build a better pricing system that delivers fair and timely pricing and risk decisions across our customer and home life cycle.
The team leads projects, interacts regularly with our senior leadership team, develops key strategic frameworks and drives insights to build value across the business. We are looking for team members with high curiosity about data and the insights it can uncover about our customers and products!
Your work will including the following:
- Motivating, managing and coaching a very strong, cross-functional technical business analytics team
- Partner with our product teams on product roadmap and vision
- Lead quarterly and annual resource allocation and initiative planning for the pricing operations function
- Drive insights and recommendations for improving the effectiveness of operating processes and programs
- Work closely with the operating teams to drive pricing business results
- Lead continuous efforts to develop models from our own and external data to improve company decision making
- Deliver crisp communication of recommended solutions to senior leaders, operators and other stakeholders
- Deliverables include diagnostics of business results, analytic models, custom performance analysis, building a scalable reporting infrastructure, and developing solutions in presentation-ready form for Opendoor executives
- 10+ years of analytical, strategy and/or business operations experience with at least two years of experience managing teams
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, investing or high performance professional services firm
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL. Strong Python and/or R skills are nice to have
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.