We are hiring a Product Manager to help build the systems and algorithms we use to price our homes. Pricing is central to Opendoor and critical to our success – we are building a system that will allow us to not only profitably operate in dozens of markets, but also scale to hundreds of markets.
Pricing products include everything from our core pricing valuation models to the tools we build to empower pricing operators. Machine learning models, operator expertise, data engineering, and operational excellence are all in our toolkit as we work to deliver the most accurate pricing possible. Our team has a massive impact on not only our cost structure, but also the core levers driving Opendoor as a business.
As a Pricing Product Manager, you will:
- Build our proprietary home pricing systems and algorithms.
- Work with and inspire a world-class engineering and data science team.
- Identify and break down complex business problems into solvable pieces.
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic trade-offs.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of our products.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- 4+ years professional product management experience, including delivery of entire products start to finish
- 2+ years building data science or machine learning products such as Search, Ads, Fraud, Risk, Pricing, or Analytics
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience collaborating with data scientists and engineers
- An understanding of the technical architecture of machine learning and data science pipelines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- A strong sense of ownership for everything you ship
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing quality
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces– ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Prior experience working in real estate
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.