Our Trust & Safety team is responsible for the empathetic and efficient resolution of escalated customer disputes and any safety or security issues that may arise in our homes. You are a talented, outcome-oriented individual who treats others equitably and balances compassionate customer support with rigorous investigative skills. You are excited to drive continuous process improvement and help build operational processes that will scale. As a successful Trust & Safety investigator, you bring calm and clarity to inherently uncertain and potentially stressful situations. You are an empathetic communicator capable of navigating nuance, and are passionate about helping mitigate financial loss and reputational impact to Opendoor’s brand.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Determine validity of escalations and develop resolution to potential safety or security incidents and customer disputes at our homes through application of company policy and operational processes
- Provide reactive support to criminal justice agency inquiries
- Identify trends, conduct deep dive investigations, and provide feedback to management on initiatives that could prevent future issues, strategically or tactically
- Liaise with other departments (i.e. legal, comms, PR, local operations, general managers) to gather facts and drive alignment with key leaders across the company
- Follow up with customers, cross-functional partners, and business unit management in a regular, timely, and professional manner
- Compile reports and regularly communicate with various company leadership through cadenced updates and resolution recommendations
We are excited about you because you have...
- 3+ years of experience preferably in customer service, mediation / dispute resolution, fraud or risk investigations, crisis management, Trust & Safety, or a similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken to engage with customers, external partners and senior company leadership in a tactful and diplomatic manner
- Excellent time management, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional judgment, adaptability and levelheadedness
- Real passion for operational process improvement; you’re always thinking about how to scale
- Willingness to hustle and a “get it done” attitude, with experience at an early stage company a huge plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Above all else an inquisitive, kind, and goal-oriented team player; ability to represent the Opendoor values in all interactions
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.