Title Director of Technical Design and Product Development
Job Description About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Responsible to lead all stages of technical development and innovative engineering, ensuring Design’s aesthetic intent, and setting quality standards while meeting cost perimeters. This role combines the need for intensive understanding of process, product, manufacturing and ability to build strong internal and external cross-functional partnerships. Implement strategies, processes and tools to ensure product consistency and brand integrity. Reports to VP of Production, Development & Sourcing and will partner to build long term strategies and global vendor partnerships, cultivating the brand’s relationship and footprint worldwide.
Technical Development & Quality Standards
• Direct Technical Development team managing timelines, priorities and key cross-functional touchpoints.
• Translate Design requests into actionable tasks for internal team, Agency and vendors.
• Ensure timely quality approval of all phases of samples according to product lifecycle calendar; facilitating team to provide clear, actionable feedback and vendor education where needed.
• Partner with Product Development Manager on sample development plans, timing, and requests to ensure complete synergy between teams.
• Consistently balance aesthetic goals, quality standards, vendor capabilities, and production requirements for all products developed.
• Ensure that all quality standards are documented, communicated and adhered to throughout the sample approval process
• Anticipate and resolve any pre-production and production roadblocks. Partner with internal teams, Agency and vendor to support product risk mitigation.
Product Ownership & Vendor Management
• Lead innovative material and technique sourcing, ensuring progress/success rates and options are communicated back to internal teams.
• Fully understand Design aesthetic, category strategy, and brand positioning for all products, with an emphasis on innovation.
• Manage Agency and vendor base with effective, actionable communication and direction.
• In partnership with Product Development and Production, understand capabilities of all vendors with the ability to make educated vendor placement recommendations.
• Provide qualitative vendor performance feedback and supply technical metrics for monthly and quarterly vendor scorecard.
• Ensure streamlined product hand off strategies between Design, Product Development, Technical Development, Agency and Production, to ensure on time, quality bulk production.
• Build processes and tools to optimize department efficiency
• Create departmental strategies and direct internal and external priorities based on development needed to achieve company wide goals and initiatives.
• Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Design, Production, Development, Production, vendors and agent and intuitively know when to effectively engage teams to support department needs.
• Proactively support the Design team with the implementation of their brand and creative aesthetic direction, with focus on translating and achieving their vision.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all areas of production process across a variety of materials, techniques and products.
• Mentor, lead and develop Technical Development team.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Proven high level leadership and coaching skills.
• Able to easily establish, adjust and communicate priorities for self and team.
• Comfortable effectively communicating across, up and down at all stages of the development process
• Able to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships.
• Solution oriented and critical thinker; Strong levels of problem solving and project management.
• Experience with technical software such as Photoshop, InDesign, PLM, Matrix CAD and Excel
• Experience in developing short and long term strategies, as well as supporting company wide initiatives
• Comprehensive knowledge of retail product development, technical design, and manufacturing processes; applied understanding of the international vendor community.¬
• 10+ years’ combined experience in multi category Technical Design, Development, Engineering or similar roles; jewelry, accessory and home brand experience a plus
• 5+ years’ experience managing multi-faceted, global vendor manufacturing base.
• 5+ years’ experience leading and developing a successful team in high growth mode.
• Excited and able to travel domestically and internationally.
Division Home Office
Location Home Office
Zip Code 78756