BlueJeans Network delivers cloud-based video communications that connect people, build relationships and drive business growth. Video is an immersive, face-to-face experience that enables people to work more collaboratively and makes businesses more efficient. The BlueJeans Enterprise Video Cloud is trusted by businesses around the globe to enable video conversations, meetings and events. This gives peace of mind to IT leaders and unleashes the workforce to be their best, wherever they are in the world.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the team that ensures BlueJeans Service availability 24/7. To sustain our accelerated growth, a critical element of this role will be leading and coaching managers, working to make teams more efficient, and fostering a culture of operational excellence that enables and accelerates the business. Our engineers are smart, creative and capable. Your focus will be to nurture team culture and effectiveness through leadership, collaboration and mentorship.
The DevOps Manager will be responsible for leading the team that builds, manages, and supports our global DEV, QA. Staging, and Production environments. This is a hands-on people manager position that will lead the DevOps team in support of DEV/QA in developing and testing code (patches/releases), support of DevOps tools (monitoring, configuration management), and CI/CD pipelines. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of cloud technologies, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent automation skills, and great communication skills.
Great candidates for this job will have most or all of the following skills:
* Proven ability to get things done and maintain a strong vision for the future
* Expertise in problem solving and analyzing distributed systems
* A passion for fostering a fun, supportive, and diverse workplace
* Experience working with or leading global teams
* Familiarity with procurement/provisioning pipelines
* Excellent presentation skills, and the ability to act as a cultural leader
* Build and maintain capacity planning models, operational metrics, budget and expense management
* 24/7 follow-the-sun support models
Required experience includes:
* Strong Linux systems expertise with scripting experience in Shell, Perl, or Python
* Expertise with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as EC2, RDS, Route 53, ELB, S3, EBS, etc.
* Configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible
* Monitoring/APM systems such as Nagios (OMD, Icinga), Sense, New Relic, etc.
* Infrastructure as Code systems (IaC) such as HashiCorp’s Terraform or AWS CloudFormations
* Release tools such as Jenkin, Maven, GIT, and artifact repositories (Artifactory, Nexus)
* Network engineering that includes both LAN and WAN design
* Protocols such as: SIP, H.323, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP
* Software such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, ZooKeeper, CouchBase, & MongoDB