Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Team
You will be a member of a highly motivated SysOps team within Technical Operations that delivers solutions and services that are transforming the financial services industry for the better. You will participate and engage in a highly collaborative environment between Technical Operations and Engineering
- Maintain and manage the entire IT infrastructure both on premises and the cloud (AWS).
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Drive resolution of issues identified via application and systems monitoring, as well as assigned tasks and incident tickets.
- Document processes, automation scripts, and infrastructure assets.
- Identify appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices.
- Actively engage and assist other departments at Lending Club with technical computing requirements.
- Participate in the on-call rotation supporting the IT infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in an AWS environment (100+ applications).
- Solid understanding of various Linux operating systems.
- Solid understanding of AWS technologies with an emphasis on application deployments that are highly available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience in systems migration to AWS.
- Experience with VMware, VCenter, ESX, CloudStack.
- Monitoring and logging experience in any of the following: NewRelic, Nagios, Datadog, SignalFX, Graphite, Splunk, Cloudwatch, or BigPanda.
- Coding experience in Bash, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Solid networking knowledge (DNS, Mail, Web, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Automation experience (Puppet, Salt, Jenkins, CloudStack, VMware, etc.)
- Experience in container technologies (CoreOS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in data encryption and file transfer technologies.
- Experience supporting databases and big data in Aurora, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, or Hadoop.
- Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We believe one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.