Lending Club (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
As part of the LendingClub Data team, you will be responsible for working with our internal business partners and peers in the Data team to acquire project needs and build a portfolio. We are looking for a strong Technical Project Manager/Portfolio Manager to drive this process. You will work with various business teams across LendingClub including Finance, Enterprise Risk, Product, Operations, Marketing, and internal data teams focus on platform evolution, data science and/or data engineering
Specific responsibilities include
- Work with Business teams and data teams to clearly define and document scope, acceptance, priority, and business benefit
- Manage the prioritization of a broad portfolio of data and/or platform needs
- Manage project and work stream dependencies and optimize for constraints
- Provide periodic status and executive reporting, lead regular portfolio reviews with senior stakeholders from the business and technical teams
- Work closely with peers in the Data team to deliver solutions
- Work with product to understand their portfolio priorities and impacts to the data portfolio
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5+ years of experience in technical project management
- At least 2+ years of experience in portfolio management
- Experience in data warehousing, data science, data anlytics or big data a plus
- Experience in agile methodologies a plus
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, resolve them effectively and efficiently
- SQL experience
- Ability to understand impact of technical changes and articulate high level technical solutions
- Organized and detail oriented with strong presentation and reporting skills
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships
Why Join Us?
We offer all the important stuff like competitive salaries, equity, 100% paid medical and dental, and because we've been around longer we also have stuff like great food, game rooms, a super convenient location in downtown SF and a 401K match. More importantly, we're the clear market leader, which gives us awesome momentum. As Forbes put it, "While not often thought of as a "sharing economy" company, given the massive size of the financial industry Lending Club could end up being one of the most disruptive–and largest–companies in this sector." We think one of our own employees put it best: "Many companies talk about reshaping an industry, but Lending Club is one of the few that is actually achieving this lofty goal. Growth comes in monthly leaps that just seem to keep accelerating, leading to ever-larger opportunities. There is an intriguing focus on how to get more efficient and do bigger things. Working here is definitely a chance to be a part of something special."