What you’ll need
- Evolve service oriented architectures (microservices) and tackle complex dependency management challenges
- Ensure resilient operations even when system degrades. Innovate reliable monitoring, deployment and fault detection infrastructure to power the airspace operations.
- Build high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Experience with large scale data processing, geospatial datasets and services such as maps, GPS traces etc.
- Experience with frontend or mobile (Android/iOS) development.
About our team
Airspace Systems team is one of the core engineering teams on Uber Elevate — our initiative to fast forward to ridesharing in the sky, i.e. urban aviation. The vision of airspace systems team is to enable safe, reliable, large-scale and efficient airspace operations for Uber Elevate.
In order to accomplish this vision, the team works in coordination with other relevant teams and stakeholders within Elevate (particularly Vehicles, Operations, Design and Data Science), and Uber’s core dispatch, marketplace, and security teams as our systems become operational and integrated.