What You’ll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand the business and your customer's needs
- Envision a bold and inspiring future and set a strategy to get there
- Get your cross-functional team #superpumped and drive them to set and achieve ambitious goals
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Drive innovation, product definition, roadmap planning and design of entirely new products and features to deliver against team and company goals.
- Challenge all members of cross-functional team to think boldly and creatively and then funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and marketing.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Uber employees to couriers.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 4 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Focused on building businesses, not features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Customer obsessed. You take on complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- Structured, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You can breakdown a complex problem and synthesize to present a solution
- Stellar design instincts and product taste - own what you build.
- "Driver" personality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- High bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- True passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn
Bonus Points If
- Hands-on software engineering experience
- Experience creating wireframes, full user flows and visual designs
- Have run quantitative analysis (e.g. regressions, model training)
About the Team
Press a button, get amazing food. Couriers are the lifeblood that power this magical experience and explosive growth of our business, and the Courier team is here to make them successful. Our mission - create a flexible, stress free and meaningful earnings opportunity for anyone in the world. Come join us on this exciting journey!