We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber’s Cloud team is seeking experienced software engineers to help build the future of urban transportation on public cloud infrastructure. Our job is to build a next generation, flexible capacity platform to propel Uber into the next 10x-100x growth levels. Sound interesting? Read on.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent Java/Go development and OO design skills.
- Prior experience working with AWS at scale, preferably with compute-related services
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience or strong interest in building distributed systems with scalability and reliability in mind. If your architecture can’t scale to 100x at 99.99% availability, it won’t work for Uber.
- Product and customer-centric mindset. The platform we are building is going to be leveraged by hundreds of Uber engineers across many teams.
- Experience or interest in building clean, public facing REST/Thrift APIs
About the Team
The Cloud team is building systems for consumption by all the other infrastructure and engineering teams at Uber. We’re setting best practices and helping other teams architect better solutions, and we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty. You’ll get to experiment with a range of cutting edge technologies that will define our next generation infrastructure platform and increase the productivity of all engineers at Uber.