What we’re about
The Avetta Connect platform helps save lives, time and money by connecting companies with qualified certified suppliers who can safely and successfully complete their business-critical projects.
Our customers ask a lot of great questions. We have a lot of insightful answers locked in our data. We’re building a killer analytics platform to get our customers the answers they need.
Stuff you’ll find yourself doing
- Working with product management, account managers and customers to understand their questions
- Combing through our data sources to understand what’s available and what isn’t
- Designing and building intuitive relational and non-relational data models
- Writing and managing ETL processes
- Defining a writing reports
Things you need to know
- Highly proficient with SQL (we can’t over stress this)
- Ability to speak database and business and know when to speak what
- Strong understanding of relational data models
- Ability to use the tools of the trade to move data into, out of, over, under, between and around databases, spreadsheets, web pages and mobile devices
Things it would be nice if you had
- Experience with SQL server, MySQL, Redshift and MongoDB
- Experience with a BI tool
- Experience with an ETL tool
- Ability to code or script in one or more widely used languages
- Working knowledge of GitHub
- Linux, shell scripting
How we go about what we’re about
We believe in results and understand that there are a lot of different ways of achieving them. We try to keep the overhead (needless meetings) low and the productivity (writing production code) high. We equip our developers with he best modern tools available and try to strike the right balance between structure and flexibility.