LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
LendingClub is seeking for an experienced leader to join us in the role of Senior Director of Direct Marketing Analytics who will be responsible for developing and delivering upon fact based, data-driven direct marketing plans and will lead a growing team.
In this role, you will lead the Direct Mail channel for customer acquisitions and act as the subject matter expert.You will be responsible for creating marketing campaign testing plans, universe targeting, creative, conversion funnel improvements and tracking. This role is large in scope, responsibility, exposure, opportunity, and challenges, and you will have the opportunity to have an impact on the performance of LendingClub.
About the Role:
- You will lead direct marketing analytics and strategy working cross functionally to build an extraordinary data driven performance marketing team.
- You will establish new account marketing goals and develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve them
- You will handle a multi-million dollar direct marketing budget to meet performance and business goals/metrics.
- You drive the testing discipline and expansion / innovation (Obsessed with testing everything!!)
- You will coordinate and execute enhancements and tests with internal LendingClub teams and third party vendors
- You will track and review campaign performance and generate recommendations based on insights, established methodologies and competitive landscape
- You will maintain reporting on channel performance and individual test results
- You will encourage the team and lead a focus on the latest marketing trends and bring innovation and new thinking to the group
- You will lead multiple initiatives to completion under concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- You will use data and insights to develop deeper understanding of the target customer and identify critical metrics that increase accountability to achieve meaningful results.
- You will hire, train and mentor an extraordinary, high performing team to achieve best-in-class success and business results.
- You have strong execution skills, an extensive background in offline and/or digital marketing and have demonstrated innovation in creating new marketing strategies and tactics.
- Ten or more years of experience in analytical/direct marketing roles. Experience in Financial Services preferred. Direct experience with credit products a plus.
- You possess a deep understanding of and extensive background in direct response/acquisition marketing both online and offline.
- You have evident leadership skills; a consistent record of building strong teams, setting high performance standards, challenging people to excel and eliciting their sustained high performance.
- You are able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- You have demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with a clear track record of success and increasing levels of responsibility.
- You demonstrate a strong work ethic, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- You possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements into specific analysis projects.
- You have a solid understanding of advanced analytics and familiarity with working with large datasets. (statistics, simulation, optimization, etc.)
- You demonstrate an expertise with Excel, SQL, Tableau, Qlikview, SAS, R and Python.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or Economics. (Master’s degree highly desired)
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger, as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.