LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a CNBC Disruptor 50, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for managing complex reporting, analytics, and data management projects for the organization. This includes building complex queries, performing advanced data analytics with business insights, designing and preparing requirements for engineering teams to support decision making and improve business processes within our Finance Organization.
Your Day to Day:
- Write complex queries to transform raw data and perform business analytics, data cross-walk activities, identifying discrepancies, quality assurance activities and monitoring data integrity.
- Evaluate data from various sources and identify patterns and trends to solve complex business cases and provide insights for data-driven decision making.
- Partner with analytics software development and data engineering teams to design and build new state-of-the-art data warehouse and business intelligence features, reports and instrumentation as well as quality assurance test existing modules.
- Work with Business users to gather data modeling requirements, define modeling needs, design solutions, recommend proper analytical methodologies, and execute upon projects.
- Advise project sponsors about existing business process gaps that can put the success of a project at risk, and suggest business process solutions to ensure requirements will continue to be met after deployment.
- Anticipate, document, and educate stakeholders on data changes in various systems and related impacts.
- Ensure alignment of business architecture with business objectives, requirements, and other architecture domains.
- Prepare and deliver Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and collaborate with development teams to ensure data requirements are met.
- Support various initiatives related to LendingClub’s long-term reporting strategy.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Business Analyst on technical data and reporting projects/programs.
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in learning new business models even if not directly related to specific projects.
- Strong Finance knowledge and acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to understand business cases from Finance members and explain data gathering and analytical approaches to all levels of an IT workforce.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL, Tableau or BI tools, Business Intelligence Analytics, and database technologies.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of Data Governance, Data Quality principles, Data architecture, with the ability to drive their adoption and ensure their functional execution.
- Strong analytical skills, proficiency in root cause analysis, ability to solve problems and craft business solutions, desire to learn and challenge new skills and business cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Finance/Accounting or Information Systems
- Experience with standard software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.