Who we are
Qventus is a real-time decision making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients.
We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively. We always connect with our customers and use design thinking to create products.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2016 Fierce Innovations Awards in Healthcare and by Healthcare Informatics as a 2017 Innovator Award winner.
As our Head of People Operations, you’ll function as a primary change agent for the organization. You will act as a trusted advisor and business partner to the company’s senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues. This position reports to the CEO and will be a critical partner to the executive leaders. You will drive cultural initiatives, performance management, engagement and retention, career development, recruiting, compensation, separation management, HR systems, diversity, facilities, and benefits for our business.
The successful candidate for this role will be an inspiring leader and mentor, offering a long range vision for scaling the organization and incorporating our values. S/he brings demonstrated success in scaling startup organizations. You will have a strategic focus couple with a day-to-day operational mindset. You will guide us through the complex issues of a fast growing company while helping us stick with one of our Qventus values, “ Healthcare is complicated and so is technology so we won't’ be” You will lead all aspects of people operations programs including talent acquisition, talent management, rewards and recognition, performance management, and organizational and leadership development. If you are a passionate individual looking to innovate, to execute, to enhance a values driven, founder led organization and you are ready to enhance its people support for the future, then this is the place for you to thrive!
- Build and execute people initiatives that support and promote our values and goals including:
- Vision and Strategy: Work with Senior Leadership to set and execute on the long term vision for key people operations initiatives, consistently improving effectiveness and helping us achieve our overall business goals, drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain a high performing, motivated, and impactful team.
- Values and Culture: Lead the charge on maintaining and enhancing the Qventus culture in line with its values. Help create a flourishing and diverse community.
- Learning & Development: Introduce learning programs that will enhance employees knowledge, skills and overall satisfaction. Drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers; provide coaching and feedback to existing leadership team. Encourage career pathing and programs that prepare high potential employees for management roles.
- New Hire Integration: Strategically work across the organization to drive growth by efficiently and effectively partnering with recruiting to hire top talent. Continually improve the on-boarding process to ensure new hires have the knowledge and tools to be successful.
- Compensation and Benefits: Understand workforce needs as the company scales managing costs while staying competitive with salary, benefits, perks, leaves etc. Work with the executive to come up with a compensation strategy and oversee a yearly compensation review. Monitor and apply market data, ensuring alignment with the Company’s total compensation philosophy. Oversee performance, development, and the compensation review process.
- Systems and Compliance: Manage and enhance our systems that manage people-related data to aid in better decision making and compliance. Responsible for organizational compliance with federal and state laws pertaining to all human resource matters. Serve as EEO and immigration specialist.
- 10+ years direct People Ops (Human Resources) experience, preferably in a start-up environment.
- A flexible leadership style with the ability to operate at a highly strategic level, combined with a roll-up your- sleeves attitude. Hands-on attitude and ability to work in a smaller company without a deep bench of supporting services and departments. Able to find creative ways to use resources.·
- You have owned workforce compensation planning from start to finish. Recruiting background is a plus with experience building out a strong employment brand. You have developed and delivered high-impact People Ops programs around L&D, performance management, employee engagement and employee retention.
- Excellent communicator across the board.
- Strong business insight and analytical skills, comfortable using metrics to inform and influence decisions.
- Expertise in coaching across the full spectrum of seniority and managing/mentoring a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience; Master’s degree a plus.