Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Senior UX Researcher to join our growing New York digital and design teams. We're looking for someone with a genuine sense of curiosity and passion to translate complex data into concise and compelling findings surrounding consumer behavior to inspire the future of Casper’s digital offerings.
The ideal candidate will know how to turn knowledge into insight and insight into actionable directions by deploying a mix of quantitative and qualitative research methods. You should have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project. Our Senior UX Researcher will collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams across the business to help guide the direction of Casper’s digital presence and identify opportunities to improve the experiences of current and prospective digital initiatives. You will work closely with cross-functional teams through all stages of development, from identifying initial opportunities to refining the user experience to analyzing the impact of our efforts and highlighting improvement areas.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Partner with product managers, designers and marketers to scope and carry out research, drawing on a range of user research methods and UX best practices
- Recruit for and conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with users
- Provide usability assessments (e.g. heuristic evaluations) for products under development
- Leverage secondary data, trends and learnings to set the cultural context for the team.
- Develop screening criteria to identify the right consumers to draw insight and inspiration from them.
- Craft discussion guides and appropriate tools and exercises to reveal consumer’s needs and desires
- Work closely with other researchers and data analysts to develop holistic approaches to meeting stakeholder needs
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations with the teams on a regular basis, making connections between cross-functional team needs
- Manage third-party research vendors as necessary
- Evangelize user research best practices across the company
Our dream candidate is...
- Can demonstrate an understanding of a range of user research methods and a solid grasp of contemporary trends in Web and app design
- Have 5-7 years’ experience conducting user experience research, employing methods such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a compelling customer-centric point of view
- Are not afraid to get your hands dirty and work directly in prototyping software.
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a strong appreciation for brand
- Preferred: experience with remote testing tools and experiment design, qualitative and quant research. Surveys, remote and in person. User behaviors around website and app.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!